Getting multiple quotes for drivers with criminal convictions is so quick and easy. Just click the green button to get started now!
- Comprehensive, Third Party Fire & Theft or Third Party Only
- UK and European Insurance Cover
- Fair prices that match your circumstances
- Monthly payment options
- Instant insurance documents available
Car insurance for people with criminal convictions
Having a criminal conviction on your record can affect your life in many ways. You might be worried about how it will affect your chances of finding work or buying a house. But with convicted drivers insurance, finding car insurance at a competitive rate need not be a problem. In fact, a panel of convicted drivers insurance specialists can find the right cover for you, without the fuss.
Why do criminal convictions affect the price of car insurance?
Criminal convictions often affect the price of car insurance because many insurance providers consider you to be a ‘high risk’ person. When calculating the cost of an insurance policy, they’ll not only consider how likely you are to make a claim, but also how likely you are to keep payments up.
When you have a criminal conviction, you might not necessarily pose any more risk to insurance providers. But unless they look closely at your circumstances, you could find yourself paying an unfair rate.
Do you always have to declare criminal convictions?
You are only obligated to inform insurance providers about your criminal convictions when they are unspent. Nearly all convictions become spent after a certain amount of time and when they do, you’re no longer obligated to declare them even if you’re asked about it specifically. The amount of time needed before convictions become spent will depend on the severity of the crime. For example, convictions that carry a prison sentence take longer to become spent, compared to minor offences punished by community service.
Why you need a Convicted Driver Insurance Policy
The list of criminal convictions that can push up the price of your car insurance is long, from DUI and speeding to reckless driving. If you have been convicted of any motoring offence – whether you have your driving licence back or not – that conviction will be on your drivers record and can have a massive impact on the cost of your insurance.
Failure to declare your unspent conviction on your policy will also invalidate your insurance – meaning a hefty fine or a prison sentence if you get caught. Specialist car insurance for people with criminal convictions will ensure you have the right cover for your vehicle. It also includes van insurance for convicted drivers.
Get your quotes now
If you have a criminal conviction and want to get fairly priced quotes from a panel of insurance specialists then look no further. Simply click the green button below and fill in a quick form to get access to multiple quotes. Then all you have to do is pick the best one!
Benefits of convicted drivers insurance
- Highly tailored policies, perfect for insurance for convicted drivers – every motoring offence is different and has its own story. The specialist insurance panel tailors its policies to suit every individual and their personal circumstances. Prices are fair based on the severity of your conviction – there is no one size fits all policy
- Compare quotes easily on insurance for convicted drivers – you will receive multiple car insurance quotes, allowing your to compare them and decide on the right policy for you, quickly and easily
- Save time and money on finding drink driving insurance – searching for a specialist insurance policy doesn’t have to take hours in front of a computer screen. The 30-second form is easy to complete, with the quotes arriving instantly, covering all types of insurance. So you can be done and dusted in minutes
- Flexible payment options for drink driving insurance – Every policy we offer comes with multiple payment options allowing you to pay in a way that works for you
- Instant documentation – Once you have applied for your specialist policy you can relax in the knowledge that as soon as you have paid, you will receive your documents. It’s that quick
- Quick and easy claims process with insurance for convicted drivers – nobody likes making a claim on their car insurance and when it comes to specialist policies, the process can sometimes feel like jumping through hoops. Not with Convicted Drivers Insurance, where you will have full support throughout the claims procedure