Get car insurance with an SP30 conviction
An SP30 conviction is for exceeding statutory speed limit on a public road. If you get an SP30 conviction then it will come with points on your licence as well as a possible fan and driving ban.
Speeding convictions certainly make getting car insurance at a competitive rate more difficult. The unfortunate fact is that insurance providers consider those with convictions, and especially speeding convictions, to be in a higher risk category. They therefore tend to price such policies significantly higher.
The good new is that there are specialist providers of SP30 car insurance who can offer you quotes at a reasonable rate.
Types of SP30 car insurance
- Road risks - Road risks is a necessary part of any car insurance policy. You can choose from either third party; third party, fire and theft; or fully comprehensive.
- Breakdown cover - Breakdown cover is something that most insurance providers will give you the option of adding to your policy. Even if you have cover from another company, you might be able to save money by getting it from your insurance provider instead.
- Windscreen repair - This is a useful additional type of cover you can get. Although it’s not vital, it is handy to know that repair costs would be covered if you got a chip in your windscreen.
What factors affect the cost of SP30 car insurance?
Aside from your conviction, some of the other factors that will affect the cost of a policy are –
- The value of your vehicle - The value of your car will certainly be something that has a big impact on how much your cover costs.
- Where it’s parked – Where it’s parked is another big factor insurance providers will consider. A locked garage would be ideal, or even a driveway. Unfortunately parking on the street does mean you’ll pay more.
- Named drivers - If you want to add another driver(s) to the policy, then this will increase its price too.
Speed Limits Motoring Conviction Codes
|SP30 convictions will stay on your licence for 4 years from the date of the offence|
|SP30||Exceeding statutory speed limit on a public road||3-6|
Get SP30 car insurance quotes now
Getting SP30 car insurance quotes at a reasonably rate is easier than you think. Simply click the green button below and you can have your quotes within minutes.